Time needed for custom clearance, train to Italy

Time needed for custom clearance, train to Italy

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
yh2511
yh2511
7 posts
Mar 24, 2016 - 6:09 AM

Hi,

I'm buying a train ticket from Interlaken to Milan, which has a connecting train at Spiez for only 33minutes. I would like to know generally how long does it take for custom clearance at train station, and if this is too risky/rush?

Thanks!

Arno
Arno
7726 posts
expert &
Mar 24, 2016 - 8:37 AM

Hi yh2511, welcome to MySwissAlps,

All checks will be done on board, not in Spiez. You could change trains in as little as 3 minutes there, so you'll have half an hour of spare time for a coffee break :-)

Please see here for ticket information: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy. If you are planning to get a rail pass for Switzerland you may not need a ticket all the way to Interlaken.

Enjoy the ride!

yh2511
yh2511
7 posts
Mar 24, 2016 - 3:44 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I noted that the title of the thread had been amended, but should be "train to Italy", instead of train from Italy. So, I would like to clarify if the checks will still be done on board, no matter which direction?

Thanks~

Arno
Arno
7726 posts
expert &
Mar 24, 2016 - 3:52 PM in reply to yh2511

Thanks, sorry I missed that. The procedure is the same though. There might be security personnel in Spiez, but not to check each passenger. You can simply board and further checks will be done on board. A few minutes is enough to change trains.

yh2511
yh2511
7 posts
Mar 24, 2016 - 5:00 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thanks you so much! Now I understood.

See you there soon =)

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016