Train schedule to Jungfraujoch & snow park in May

• formoso
    Participant
    4 posts
    24 April 2017 at 3:57:09 #811527

hi we are traveling to Interlaken and staying there for 4 days and we are planning to do Jungfraujch. I checked the earliest train on May 29th and the earliest is 13:oo from Grindelwald. Is there an earlier train that can go up the mountain from Grindelwald? and are there snowboarding schools on top of the mountain for my 9yr old daughter?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 6:31:20 #862068

Hi Formoso and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, there are many trains before 1pm up to Jungfraujoch. Have you been looking on the Swiss railways timetable? Click here and enter date and destination.

There is the snow park available in May. Click here for more information.

Lucas

formoso
    Participant
    4 posts
    25 April 2017 at 1:44:53 #862069

thanks for your reply Lucas. Im only spending 7 days in Switzerland and wanted to concentrate on Bernese Oberland sand some surrounding parts. I will be staying at Interlaken. Part of my itinerary is Either do a day trip to Bern and Thun or just go to the Rhine Falls– you think i can do it all in 1 day?

day 1 Interlaken and surrounding parts

day 2 Murren and Shilthorn

day 3 Jungfraujoch and Hike Kline to Mannlichen

day 4 Grindelwald

day 5 Bern and Thun or Rhine falls

day 6 Lucern/ old town (stay 2 nights)

day 7 Titlis

day 8 Back to Milan

thanks for looking into my concern,

formoso

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 7:43:42 #862070

I would choose Bern or Thun over the RheinFalls for sure.

I think I would choose one of the two towns and not try to do both, but it would be possible if you get an early start – you can get a decent experience in Bern in 3 to 4 hours (wander city center, see the bears etc).
    Thun is a great town as well and there are lake cruises that may interest you to take up most of a day.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Train schedule to Jungfraujoch & snow park in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.