Timetable explanation

• Vlasta
    Participant
    58 posts
    6 July 2010 at 20:07:02 #803897

Hello,
    I have been trying to price out some of our intended train trips, but find that, for example, I am given three different options for Murren- BLM, LSMS-sbm, or LSMS-lsms. What do the letters after the name “Murren” mean? Is there a guide somewhere that gives the explanation? Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    7 July 2010 at 3:24:36 #831505

Hello Vlasta,

From Lauterbrunnen to Mürren there are two options of using public transportation:
    1. “Bergbahn Lauterbrunnen Mürren” (BLM): a cable car from Lauterbrunnen to Grütschalp and a narrow gauge railway track from Grütschalp to Mürren.
    2. Postauto from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg, and then the LSMS cable car from Stechelberg to Gimmelwald and the connecting cable car to Mürren.

LSMS stands for “Luftseilbahn Stechelberg Mürren Schilthorn” and LSMS-lsms is the station of the LSMS in Mürren.
    LSMS-sbm stands for the station in Mürren of the funicular to Allmendhubel.
    The three stations in Mürren (BLM,LSMS-lsms ans LSMS-sbm) are located on walking distance from each other.

I hope this clarifies your question and I wish you a very pleasant stay,

Vlasta
    Participant
    58 posts
    7 July 2010 at 7:44:21 #831506

Thank you so much. I find the timetable confusing without such explanations. Your help is appreciated.

• The thread ‘Timetable explanation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.