Timetable Schedules from 22.12.15-29.12.15

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2015 at 13:20:04 #808045

Hello,

I’m planning for my 8-day trip in Switzerland from 22.12.15-29.12.15.

Most of the timetables for the rails has been out on the website, but I would like to check for timetables for the Glacier Express, Boat-trips, Gondolas and Aerial Cableways as the schedules on their website shows only to 14.12.15. Does it mean that no services will be running in the end of December, or is it that the timetable is not out yet?

Thank you!

Cheng

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 October 2015 at 17:07:05 #846579

Hi Cheng,

The Swiss timetable at myswissalps.com/timeta ble has recently been updated and now contains all schedules until mid December 2016. The individual websites of cable cars may not show those schedules yet, but you can find them in the timetable as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2015 at 17:58:49 #846580

Hello Arno,

Thank you for your reply! You are of great help!

Sorry, but I do have another question.

If I purchase the Swiss Travel Pass, I do know that I can travel unlimited, exclusive some pano-journeys that require reservations. Is it that I just need to flash my Swiss Travel Pass on board of the rails/buses/boats and I can be ensured a seat for journeys around Switzerland? Because I have done my research on the schedules of getting to different destinations in Switzerland, but I do not need to purchase anything, and just appear at the timings as stated in the sbb schedules right?

Cheng

Annika
    7116 posts
    2 November 2015 at 13:02:58 #846581

Hello Cheng,

Note that the fares of panoramic journeys are included in the Swiss Travel Pass too. But for some of them you indeed need additional seat reservations; please refer to myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity.

For regular trains, buses and boats you don’t need anything extra. Just board with your Swiss Travel Pass and show it to the railway personnel when asked for. The Swiss Travel Pass doesn’t ensure a seat, but in most cases it’s really not necessary to reserve seats. Further information can be found at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/howtouse and myswissalps.com/train/ reservations.

• The thread ‘Timetable Schedules from 22.12.15-29.12.15’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.