Tips about gorges in Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2016 at 0:33:24 #808828

Thanks for such a wonderful website and forums! I have been reading and learning so much from you.

We will be staying in Lauterbrunnen May 6-11 with 5 full days of touring. We plan to see Trummelbach Falls. But I cannot seem to find out if the glacier gorge by Grindelwald will be open and its hours. I contacted the Gletscherschlucht Hotel , from which I believe you access the gorge walk, and it forwarded me a website that is not working. If it is open and we are able to see it plus Trummelbach Falls, is it worth the trip to Aare Gorge as well to see something different or are they similar and the addition of Aare Gorge is not necessary? I should mention we will probably take a boat ride on Lake Brienz anyway although we may combine that activity with something else if we skip Aare Gorge. I also assume the glacier gorge at Grindelwald is an easily walked path, yes? Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2016 at 7:57:02 #850391

Last year the Grindelwald Gletscherschlucht (gorge) was open from:

6th May 2015 – 18th October 2015 10.00 am – 17.00 pm

For 2016 you can ask it on: [email protected]

The Grindelwald schlucht and the Aare schlucht (gorge) like the same.

For a boattrip I like the Thunersee more than the Brienzersee. Around the Thunersee you see more small village, Oberhofen (whit small castle in Lake), Faulensee and Spiez. Also Thun is a beatifull small city whit castle.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    8 April 2016 at 2:08:13 #850392

In mid May, many tourist services in the Jungfrau region are suspended for maintenance, or due tohaving too few customers. It is between seasons.

Brahms has helped with a good answer. Plan ahead and check carefully for he things that that you want to d0.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Tips about gorges in Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.