Too late to buy a pass. Now what?

Too late to buy a pass. Now what?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
sosswood
sosswood
1 post
Mar 28, 2016 - 10:14 PM

So, I'm going to Switzerland on Thursday with my husband and daughter. I've spent my precious few minutes of spare time for the last few days trying to find out the best ticket options - with constant "Mummy" interruptions. I have finally found the ticket I want and I'm a day too late to buy anything! I can't even get a transfer ticket, which is by email! So now what do I do? I will have to pay an arm and a leg to get us from Geneva to Montreux, where we're staying, and back. And I think we'll have to stay put in Montreux for the whole week as we won't be able to afford to go anywhere on the trains. That's our day out in Geneva ruled out! Massively annoyed!! Is there anything I can do? Any advice??

Arno
Arno
7726 posts
expert &
Mar 29, 2016 - 5:58 AM

Hi sosswood, welcome to MySwissAlps!

No worries, this can be solved easily. You are indeed too late to buy online, and the Swiss Transfer Ticket can not be purchased after arrival in Switzerland. However, I doubt if the Swiss Transfer Ticket would be your best option anyway. If you only travel to Montreux on your first day you would need a different pass. Other passes can be purchased at the rail station of Geneva Airport. The main disadvantage is that you may have to wait a while for the ticket office if it happens to be a busy time. So you might miss the first train, but you can buy a pass and take the next train.

Apart from any pass you will buy, trips close to Montreux will be free with the Montreux Riviera Card you will receive when you check in (myswissalps.com/montre ux/hotels) . So, no reason to stay put in Montreux. Have fun!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016