Too late to buy a pass. Now what?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2016 at 22:14:02 #808743

So, I’m going to Switzerland on Thursday with my husband and daughter. I’ve spent my precious few minutes of spare time for the last few days trying to find out the best ticket options – with constant “Mummy” interruptions. I have finally found the ticket I want and I’m a day too late to buy anything! I can’t even get a transfer ticket, which is by email! So now what do I do? I will have to pay an arm and a leg to get us from Geneva to Montreux, where we’re staying, and back. And I think we’ll have to stay put in Montreux for the whole week as we won’t be able to afford to go anywhere on the trains. That’s our day out in Geneva ruled out! Massively annoyed!! Is there anything I can do? Any advice??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    29 March 2016 at 5:58:44 #849975

Hi sosswood, welcome to MySwissAlps!

No worries, this can be solved easily. You are indeed too late to buy online, and the Swiss Transfer Ticket can not be purchased after arrival in Switzerland. However, I doubt if the Swiss Transfer Ticket would be your best option anyway. If you only travel to Montreux on your first day you would need a different pass. Other passes can be purchased at the rail station of Geneva Airport. The main disadvantage is that you may have to wait a while for the ticket office if it happens to be a busy time. So you might miss the first train, but you can buy a pass and take the next train.

Apart from any pass you will buy, trips close to Montreux will be free with the Montreux Riviera Card you will receive when you check in (myswissalps.com/montre ux/hotels) . So, no reason to stay put in Montreux. Have fun!

• The thread ‘Too late to buy a pass. Now what?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.