Too late to purchase Swiss Travel Pass online?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2016 at 11:49:35 #808747

I’m going to Paris on 16 April 2016 and will reach Interlaken on 19 April. It’s around 15 days before departure and I just realized I have not purchase Swiss Travel Pass online. I was told that the pass will be posted to my country but it seems like the timing is too tight now. Is there anyway that we can have something like e-ticket and get the real pass when I reach Interlaken? If no, is it more expensive when I purchase it on the spot?

Besides, I confuse whether I need to buy 3 0r 4 days Travel Pass. Here is my itinerary:

19April: Paris- Interlaken – Griendelwald – Interlaken

20 April: Interlaken – Lauterburnnen – Murren – Bern – Luzern

21 April: Luzern – Mt Titils – Luzern

22 April: Luzern – Milan

From Paris to Interlaken, I already bought TGV train tickets online but for day 4….Does Swiss Travel Card cover part of the cost from Luzern to Milan? If yes, should I buy Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days?

Really hope to get some advice…Thanks =)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 March 2016 at 12:08:39 #849995

Hi SinPei, welcome to MySwissAlps,

You’re definitely not too late. All purchase options are listed here. As you can see there, the pass can simply be printed at home. One of the easiest ways is to go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and select “Online Ticket” when they ask for the delivery option. You’ll get the pass through e-mail in 1-3 working days.

As you already have a ticket to Interlaken, a 3-day pass for April 20 to 22 would be fine. In that case you only need to buy a return ticket from Interlaken to Grindelwald. Luzern to Milan is covered to Chiasso (the border), so you only need a ticket from Chiasso to Milan: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy/ price.

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2016 at 12:51:54 #849996

Thanks for you reply. Yes, this helps a lot!

So, Luzern to Chiasso is completely free if I have Swiss Travel Pass right? When I reach Chiasso, I only need to buy a ticket to Milan. Am I correct?

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 March 2016 at 13:22:59 #849997

Hi SinPei,

Yes, it’s completely free until Chiasso. But don’t get off the train there. You can buy your ticket in advance through the link I gave you. So you can stay seated and save time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2016 at 13:30:50 #849998

What you mean is… I buy ticket in advance from Luzern to Milan or Chiasso to Milan?

If Luzern to Milan, then how to apply the Swiss Travel Card?

Thanks for your help very much!

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 March 2016 at 16:25:47 #849999

You only need a ticket for Chiasso to Milan. You don’t need tickets wherever the Swiss Travel Pass is valid. That’s why the pass is convenient: you don’t need to buy tickets all the time. Simply board and show your pass on request.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2016 at 16:57:25 #850000

Ok, I check on SBB website, it shows that time for the train from Luzern to Chiasso is 7.40 – 10.48.

Can I buy the next ticket (Chiasso to Milan) at 10.52am? Will it be the same train or do I need to change another train? How to find out?

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 March 2016 at 17:09:28 #850001

That’s the same train indeed so you can stay seated. You can get the tickets through http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ train/italian-international-trains from SGD 16.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2016 at 0:26:57 #850002

Thank you so much for your info! I just bought the tickets 🙂

• The thread ‘Too late to purchase Swiss Travel Pass online?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.