Tour to mt Titlis and Jungfrauch from Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2015 at 20:17:29 #807641

(I had posted this on other forum, then thought probably this forum is better for this question, sorry for the duplication)

I will be travelling alone and was looking into budget tour options from interlaken OST to mt titlis one day, and to mt jungfrauch one day. Any suggestions?I probably can travel alone to these mountains, but would like to know tour options too in case feel like going with a group. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

vikicork
    Participant
    44 posts
    28 July 2015 at 21:59:31 #844822

My opinion again based on my own experience .

i personally would not travel to Mount Titlis from Interlaken unless its a must – visit .you have to travel to Lucerne ,then take train to Engelberg and then to Titlis and then all the way back to Interlaken .

would do it ,if staying in Lucerne or Engelberg .

regarding Jungfraouch definitely can do and would do from Interlaken .choose a day when you have good visibility otherwise all you will see is snow which is kinda fun too .

theres so much to do in Interlaken area itself like Aare Gorge ,Reichenbach falls ,Lake Thun and castles ,Lauterbrunnen valley with Staubbach falls and Trummelbach falls ,Murren and Schilthorn ,Wengen,Grindelwald and First .but then our family loves to hike .see my trip report in the trip report section if you can both from this and last year .

on the flip side everyone has their own preferences and If Titlis is something you want to do ,might be fun especially with a travelling companion / s

as for tours to just those places I think Viator has tour from Jungfraouch but its easy to do alone ,Viator has a tour to Titlis but from Zurich and i would recommend taking that tour from Zurich rather than going from Interlaken especially if travelling alone .

advice is based on my preferences of course .

Have fun

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2015 at 22:21:23 #844823

Thanks vikicork once again for the helpful information! It Will surely help me in planning properly. Will read the travel report.

vikicork
    Participant
    44 posts
    28 July 2015 at 22:34:45 #844824

You are very welcome .

oh and also theres the Ballenberg museum near Interlaken / Brienz .I did not see it simply as i didnt have the time but i have heard its very good .

Not to mention the Brienzer Rothorn ride from Brienz and back .

• The thread ‘Tour to mt Titlis and Jungfrauch from Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.