Train and seat reservations Swiss trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2016 at 18:28:45 #809823

need information on trains and seat reservation for exact itinerary below:

1. From interlaken to Zermatt, klein matterhorn and back: I have swiss travel pass and read that glacier express requires seat reservation. can someone guide where to board glacier express from? which site will enable seat reservation? I tried SBB online site but it does not show glacier express.

2. from interlaken to mount titlis and back: does this route need any seat reservation in advance? both for train journeys upto engelberg and cable cars to the top of Mt. Titlis?

3. On trip from Interlaken to Rigi. which trains to take? are they free for swiss travel pass?

4. can glacier 3000 and gruyeres be covered on same day?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 August 2016 at 6:43:26 #854890

Welcome to MySwissAlps ryp1980!

In general it’s good to know that train schedules can be found in the timetable, and seat reservations are only required for a few tourist trains.

1. You won’t travel on the Glacier Express that day. The express trains only cover Visp to Zermatt in the afternoon, and it would not make sense to pay the rather expensive surcharge for that short ride. There are plenty of regular trains.

2. No reservations needed here.

3. Yes, this trip is free. Please see the map.

4. Please see the timetable I linked to. I think it can be done if you don’t mind a long day.

• The thread ‘Train and seat reservations Swiss trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.