Train and timetable information travel from Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2017 at 3:21:05 #810771

Hello,

I am travelling with my family 4 adults and 1 child on a euro rail 2 country pass.I will be staying all the days in Lucerne and will be coming from Paris to Lucerne by train. I have a few questions please help.

How much time does it take from Lucerne to mt titlis and back?

How much time does it take from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch and back?

With euro rail pass can we board any train (that are included in the travel pass) to travel within Switzerland or do we need to make reservations for the specific train?

Is it possible to do Rhine falls and Zurich in one day from Lucerne?

Are there any cloak rooms/ Left luggage at Zurich rail station?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2017 at 10:19:53 #858846

Hi Manasimahabe and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Take a look at the train t imetable page here and simply enter your towns for travel and date/times. It will tell you exact details.

You can board any train, reservations are not required but possible if you want to ensure you all sit together (especially on any longer journeys).

Yes, you can do Luzern (local German spelling) to Zurich and RheinFall in one day but that of course it depends on how much time you want to spend in each area and what you want to do there. Luzern to Zurich is about one hour and another 50 minutes or so to the RheinFall.

There is left luggage lockers you can use for your luggage at Zurich station, click on equipment tab to see sizes and prices.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Train and timetable information travel from Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.