Swiss train availability in month of April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2015 at 8:08:29 #807957

Hi! we are planning to visit switzerland in the month of April 2016. preferably in 2 nd or 3rd week. my main interest is the train and the Alps. i would like to know if few of the train would be closed during these time. i intend to travel by Glacier exp, Bernia exp and also Wilhelm tell express. would like to visit Zermatt, Jungfraijoch. would April be correct time? can i book the pass and reserve the seat now.

Thanks

Kunal

India

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 September 2015 at 10:38:32 #846168

Welcome to MySwissAlps Kunal!

Trains run all year round. However, schedules might be different on weekdays versus Sundays, and specific tourist trains like the ones you mentioned may either not run or on a limited schedule. There are always regular trains on the same route though. Please visit our scenic train pages for all the details and links to timetables.

You can already book a Swiss Travel Pass and seats (if applicable) through http://www.raileurope.co.in/ pass/swiss-travel-pass-82 if you wish. More retailers can be found on the Swiss Travel Pass page.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 September 2015 at 0:52:03 #846169

Hi Kunal-

Your travel plans would work, as Arno noted. However, if you expect to do any hiking, April will find lots of snow at the higher altitudes of your proposed trips. And, to some small degree, some hotels and services might be closed, because you will be traveling at the start of low season, or toward the end of the Winter season.

As your plans become more complete, make sure that your desired hotels and (if any) “ski” lifts are operating at that time.

For transportation –

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2015 at 5:40:02 #846170

thanks for your prompt reply

• The thread ‘Swiss train availability in month of April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.