Only 3 minute train change over time in Montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2016 at 14:34:31 #808762

Hi, I’m travelling from Geneva Airport to Gstaad by train but have to change over in Montreux. I have a 3 minute change over on ticket purchased. Is this possible?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 March 2016 at 18:26:33 #850041

Hi Lugga-

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

<<“Hi, I’m travelling from Geneva Airport to Gstaad by train but have to

change over in Montreux. I have a 3 minute change over on ticket

purchased. Is this possible?”>>

Certainly. It is not a large station.

However, if you want to understand the details before you arrive, you can look at a station map,

http://www.sbb.ch/content/dam /infrastruktur/trafima ge/bahnhofplaene/plan-montreux-a4.pdf#?lang=de

and use the timetable to see which tracks you enter and leave on.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Once you have established the date and time of your journey, and opened that date in the timetable, identify your chosen journey.

Click on the “+” to the left of it. The detailed listing which opens will show track numbers.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2016 at 6:40:30 #850042

Hi Lugga,

As Slowpoke tell you, you can view the platform and other details of your trip click on the button “+” details and you can view the train stain map with the link.

Normally the changes are four or five minutes, that it’s enought time. In your case, depend if the train to Gstaad is a regular train or a GoldenPass train.

In my experience, (I arrived with GoldenPass to Montreux and I changed to Geneve that it was in platform 1), may be it’s a short time to do the change if you travel with baggage.

Andrés

• The thread ‘Only 3 minute train change over time in Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.