Train Charmonix to Martigny covered by Swiss Pass?

• lisiaustralia
    Participant
    2 posts
    25 March 2012 at 3:50:14 #805057

Question: Will I be able to use a Swiss Pass for the train trip from Charmonix Mt Blanc (France) to Martigny (Switzerland) or do I have to purchase a french train ticket?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 March 2012 at 6:27:24 #835326

Hi lisiaustralia,

Sure, that’s covered. To see all that’s included in the pass, please visit the Swiss Pass page and download the network map.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    25 March 2012 at 11:14:55 #835327

Hi lisiaustralia,

You don’t mention when you are visiting Switzerland, but the following information may be interesting.

From April 2 till December 8 2012 there will be no trains between Chamonix-Mont Blanc and Vallorcine. Yo can find this information through the website of TMRSA. Go to News, then Rail and you will see “Interruptions 2012”. Click on More… and you will get information about replacing Bus connections.

I hope you can plan a lovely free day with your Swiss Pass nevertheless!

lisiaustralia
    Participant
    2 posts
    26 March 2012 at 5:52:09 #835328

Hi Wandermann,
    Thank you very much for pointing out the bus replacement service between Chamonix-Mont Blanc and Vallorcine from 2 April until 8 December 2012!!! 🙂

We are planning to take the trip from Chamonix-Mt Blanc into Switzerland on 2 June 2012, so it will affect our trip. But I’m sure the bus trip will also be quite spectacular.

• The thread ‘Train Charmonix to Martigny covered by Swiss Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.