Train from Bern to Lauterbrunnen via Golden Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 14:45:32 #811843

My family of 5 will be visiting Switzerland in mid-June and will be traveling from Bern to stay in Lauterbrunnen for 4 nights. We were wanting at some point to do the Golden Pass train between Zweissman and Montreux. Rather than using a whole day to go from Interlaken and back, would it make sense to take a train from Bern to Lausanne, spend a couple of hours in either Lausanne or Montreux and then travel on the Golden Pass between Montreux and Zweissman and then continue on to Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen? Also, which would you recommend spending time in, Montreux or Lausanne?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 May 2017 at 15:11:22 #863413

Welcome to MySwissAlps sonshine!

I think it’s a good idea to include the Golden Pass line that day, provided that you can depart from Bern early. Montreux and Lausanne are very different. I’d suggest to check the below pages to plan that day and to see which town you like best:

• The thread ‘Train from Bern to Lauterbrunnen via Golden Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.