train from Domodossola Italy to Interlaken Swizter

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2014 at 15:56:33 #806451

We have purchased a Swiss Saver Pass (2nd class) and now trying to make a reservation on the train from Domodossola Italy to Interlaken Switzerland on Sunday 6 July. Everytime I try on RailEuro – I just get a message that it cannot find trains at this time. How do we go about finding the train? Do I need a reservation? Can I make a reservation without paying for the seat? Is any part of this trip covered with the Swiss Saver Pass? Thank you so much for any help you can give. Kimberly 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2014 at 23:10:47 #840261

Hello Kimberley

I have searched out for you trains from Domodossola to Interlaken on the SBB website. There are 2 options for this trip – the quick route through the base tunnel or the slower more scenic route on the Lotschberger regional train. Both examples I have given you are hourly services. You do not need to make a reservation and the trip is covered by your Swiss Pass.

option 1

You take the EuroCity from Domodossola (I) towards Genève to Brig.
    Your journey starts at Domodossola (I) at 09:48, you arrive at Brig is on track 1 at 10:16.
    Please note: Restaurant
    Your journey continues by InterCity from Brig departing track 3 towards Romanshorn to Spiez.
    Your journey starts at Brig at 10:49, you arrive at Spiez is on track 4/5 at 11:24.
    Your journey continues by InterCity from Spiez departing track 2/3 towards Interlaken Ost to Interlaken Ost.
    Your journey starts at Spiez at 11:33, you arrive at Interlaken Ost is on track 5 at 11:57.
    Summary
    The total journey time is: 2:14 This connection runs daily. The number of changes is: 2

option 2

You take the EuroCity from Domodossola (I) towards Genève to Brig
    Your journey starts at Domodossola (I) at 09:48, you arrive at Brig is on track 1 at 10:16.
    Your journey continues by RegioExpress LÖTSCHBERGER from Brig departing tack 9 towards Bern to Spiez.
    Your journey starts at Brig at 10:36, you arrive at Spiez is on track 4/5CD at 11:44.
    Your journey continues by Regio from Spiez departing track 2/3 towards Interlaken Ost to Interlaken Ost.
    Your journey starts at Spiez at 12:05, you arrive at Interlaken Ost is on track 7/8 at 12:28.

Summary
    The total journey time is: 2:45 This connection runs daily. The number of changes is: 2

enjoy your trip

Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2014 at 11:57:41 #840262

Thank you so much for this information – we would have never know this. You are really helpful.

Thank you again

Kimberly 🙂

• The thread ‘train from Domodossola Italy to Interlaken Swizter’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.