Train from Milan To St Moritz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2012 at 3:46:42 #805539

Hi All,

I expected to be arrived to Milan from Venice on 9:30am.
    I would like to take the train from Milan to St.Moritz on after 12:15pm. The closest route I have found could be Milan to Tirano then Tirano(Bernina express) to St.Moritz.

Yet, I couldn’t find the train ticket via trenitalia or ItaliaRail.
    I bought the swiss flexi pass. Is it swiss flexi pass cover this 2 places? Is it Bernina express is not required to reserve seat. I’m travelling on 27/Oct/2012.
    Thanks a million in advance.

Regards,
    Chia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 August 2012 at 3:25:07 #836944

Hi Chia. Your Swiss Flexi Pass will cover the ride from Tirano to St. Moritz (provided that you use a free travel day). If you travel by Bernina Express, you will have to pay a small additional fee for your seat reservations. Apart from this, you’ll have to buy a regular ticket from Milan to Tirano. This can be arranged for using the Swiss timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2012 at 3:57:36 #836945

[quote]Annika said: Hi Chia. Your Swiss Flexi Pass will cover the ride from Tirano to St. Moritz (provided that you use a free travel day). If you travel by Bernina Express, you will have to pay a small additional fee for your seat reservations. Apart from this, you’ll have to buy a regular ticket from Milan to Tirano. This can be arranged for using the Swiss timetable.[/quote]Sorry this is my first time been to Europe. So I have a lot of worried and questions.
    If I prefer to buy regular ticket. Do I need to purchase the ticket in advance to secure the seat?
    I.m travelling on 27/Oct this year which should be low season in Europe right?

Annika
    7104 posts
    16 August 2012 at 5:18:52 #836946

Hi Chia. Whether you need seat reservation for the leg Milano-Tirano, depends on your exact connection. Here‘s to find out whether reservation is required for your connection, and here‘s information on how to find out whether high occupancy is expected for your train. If you want to travel from Tirano to St. Moritz in a panoramic Bernina Express train, you should make seat reservations, even in low season.

• The thread ‘Train from Milan To St Moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.