Train from Rome to bern

• dc3749
    Participant
    12 posts
    8 April 2015 at 19:42:52 #807056

info requested on night train from Rome to Bern in late may

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 April 2015 at 5:26:24 #842358

Hi dc3749,

Welcome to the forum! Can you be more specific? What is it that you want to know? I don’t know of any direct trains, but I think there is a night train to Milan, where you would change. Please let us know your travel date and country of residence. Thanks!

dc3749
    Participant
    12 posts
    10 April 2015 at 12:50:39 #842359

Hello

traveling from Rome to Berne the night of May 30th. I am a U.S. resident. May travel During the day if there is not a train without a transfer, which would not be very conducive to sleeping[quote]Arno said:

Hi dc3749,

Welcome to the forum! Can you be more specific? What is it that you want to know? I don’t know of any direct trains, but I think there is a night train to Milan, where you would change. Please let us know your travel date and country of residence. Thanks!

[/quote]

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 April 2015 at 13:09:22 #842360

Hi dc3749,

Thanks for the additional info. There are no direct trains; you need to change once the next morning. There’s a night train from Rome Tiburtina (dep. 11:43 PM) to ‘Rho Fiera Expo Milano 2015’ (arr. 7:22 AM). This is a station in Milan for the Expo 2015 event. There you change for a train to Bern, departing 7:35 AM, arriving 10:23 AM. This trip is available from $73 through raileurope.com/europea n-trains/trenitalia/how-to-book.html. You’d pay $11 extra if you prefer a couchette over a seat. More points of sale are listed here.

I recommend to book as soon as you’re sure about this trip. Transportation to Milan will probably be fully booked because of the Expo.

Hotels in Bern can be found here.

I hope this was useful!

• The thread ‘Train from Rome to bern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.