Train from Zurich Airport to Pontresina

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2016 at 1:39:53 #808538

My husband and I will be flying into Zurich on Tuesday, March 8 arriving around 8:45 AM. After going through customs and collecting our baggage, we need to take the train(s) to Pontresina. We understand that there are two stops after the main train station. We will have luggage (all on wheels) and one ski bag. We purchased the Swiss Transfer Pass (1st class)which (I think) requires us to take the most direct route. What trains and stations would you recommend we take from the airport to Pontresina? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 March 2016 at 7:29:53 #849048

Welcome to MySwissAlps Jenwoltjen!

You can take any connecting suggested by the timetable. You usually need to change train in the Zurich main station, Chur and Samedan. I’d recommend to skip connections with a bus included and stick to the train only options as that’s more convenient with luggage. You can send your luggage ahead if you prefer to travel light.

• The thread ‘Train from Zurich Airport to Pontresina’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.