Train or bus to Aare Gorge

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2016 at 4:26:35 #809264

I will be staying in Lauterbrunnen. I want to use my Swiss Travel Pass to get to Aare Gorge. I cannot find a route on SBB. On google, I found I could get to Meiringen, Alpbach Parkplatz and would then have to walk. Is there any other way? Or does everyone have to park here and then walk?

Where does the walkways inside the gorge start?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    21 May 2016 at 5:37:36 #852334

Hi Silvia,

The train stop Aareschlucht West is very close to the entrance, so you can fill that out as the destination in the timetable. If you travel before June 24, there will be maintenance works on the train route from Meiringen to Aareschlucht West. That means no trains, and taking a bus instead. Perhaps that’s what you see when searching for the schedule. The bus stop is slightly further away than the train stop, but still at walking distance.

• The thread ‘Train or bus to Aare Gorge’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.