Train pass for week in Zermatt and Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 3:31:51 #808643

Hi everyone,

My friends and I (4 of us) are planning to visit Switzerland in May. Arriving at Geneva on 20th of May and leaving on the 27th May. We are planning to spend about 4 days in Zermatt and other days at Geneva. Is there anywhere we should check it out which is along the way? We are thinking Montreux and Gruyeres. If we are stoping at those cities for couples of hours on our way to Zermatt and on the way back to Geneva which train ticket would be the best for us to get?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 March 2016 at 7:32:48 #849498

Hi karentc, welcome to MySwissAlps,

You may want to spend more time in Montreux and less in Geneva, as Montreux is near the mountains. It depends on what you would like to do though. Please see here to find out what you like best:

Gruyères is a small village you can easily visit while staying in Geneva.

Once you have an itinerary you can pick a pass. Right now I would say a Swiss Half Fare Card or possibly an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass would work. Please see here for instructions.

Does this get you started?

• The thread ‘Train pass for week in Zermatt and Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.