Train Station Lockers

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2010 at 7:49:54 #803829

We are planning to go from the airport to Shaffenhausen to see the falls. We will have our luggage with us. Do the train stations, at Shaffenhausen have lockers large enough to hold big backpacks? If the walk to the falls is 30 minutes, what options are there for luggage?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    26 May 2010 at 15:10:31 #831287

Hi wisefam, most larger railway stations have lockers. I’m pretty sure they are available at the railway station of Zurich Airport. Schaffhausen station has a luggage department, which is meant for handing in your luggage and have it transported to another town in Switzerland; this might be convenient for you as well. They may also be able to hold your luggage there during the day. To be sure, I suggest that you contact the Swiss Federal Railways.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2010 at 6:43:32 #831288

I made use of those locker in Interlaken OST (while visiting Jungfraujoch). I comes in varios sizes, there was 1 that fit a cabin-size luggage, another that fit the 27″ luggage and yet a bigger one if I dun remember wrongly. You will find your size. I pay chf5-10 for the medium capacity. These lockers are really useful and I am thankful for that facility.

I will be visiting Switzerland again. I also have another question regarding Rail Baggage. For Standard service, the luggage will arrive at the destined station 2 days later. What if I collect my luggage later then 2 days ? Will I be penalised as in fine for late collection ?

I intend to send my luggage at Lucerne, go to Mt Pilatus overnight without the luggage. Spend another day in Lucerne. The next day go to Lugano via Wiliam Tell Express (lots of transits). Next by bus and Bernina Express to St Moritz(from Lugano, also many transits). As you can see, i am likely to miss my luggage for at least 4 days !

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 May 2010 at 9:15:22 #831289

Hi libbis, I don’t think it’s that much of a problem if you pick up your luggage a few days later. But it’s best to contact the SBB to make sure.

• The thread ‘Train Station Lockers’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.