Train ticket from December 2016 onwards

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2016 at 6:18:04 #810206

Dear all,

When I try to buy train ticket in advance for my coming December swiss trip. the SBB ticket period keep showing 06.11.2016. May I know When SBB will release the train tickets for December?

Another question, where can I book glacier express? I just wanted to book from Visp to Zermatt that route. is it possible to do that?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 October 2016 at 13:34:11 #856453

Welcome to MySwissAlps, tanbfong!

Here are some thoughts on your travel plans:

• the timetable will probably be updated by late October. You should then be able to book tickets for your travel dates;
    • please note that it’s worth finding out if a rail pass is cheaper for your plans than buying regular tickets: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass. In the majority of cases a rail pass is more economical. If you end up using a rail pass, you may either need discounted train tickets (e.g. in case of the Swiss Half Fare Card) or no train tickets at all (e.g. in case of the Swiss Travel Pass);
    • booking links for the Glacier Express can be found at myswissalps.com/glacie rexpress/tickets. Mind that Visp-Zermatt is a rather short leg on which many regular regional trains are available as well. These don’t require any booking fees.
  • The thread ‘Train ticket from December 2016 onwards’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.