Where and how to buy train tickets for Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2017 at 7:47:11 #812872

Dear,

I am plans my own trip 11 days in Switzerland by flight from UK in January next year. I’m over 26 . I will stay hostel & hotel. My first time visit Switzerland.

Day 1 arrive Geneva by train Zermatt stay 4 nts 2 days ski & 1 day hiking & 1 day resting.

Day 5 by train from Zermatt to Wengen stay 2 nts get one day return to Jungfraujoch by train

Day 7 by train from Wengen to Interlaken stay 1nt for hiking

Day 8 by train from Interlaken to Bern stay 1nt for city break

Day 9 by train from Bern to Geneva city 3nts for city break

Can you give me idea which way buy train tickets cheaper? Which website? When available to sell train tickets? If i book tickets in online how to collect my ticket? E-tickets? I still plans & check my budget!

ying x

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2017 at 10:41:43 #867986

Hi Ying and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would say your best bet is to buy a rail pass for your visit. You could look at a Swiss Travel Pass Flex (available for any 3,4,8 or 15 days in a one month period) as you probably won’t need it for most of your days in Zermatt. Or a Swiss Travel Pass (available for 3,4,8 or 15 days consecutively).

Alternatively you could buy point to point tickets for getting to Zermatt and then a Regional Pass-Bernese Oberland for 4 or 6 days after leaving Zermatt.

The links above will give you more details about each rail pass and how to buy (and how much) online if available. The only rail pass above that can be bought online AND emailed to you for printing at home is the Swiss Travel Pass (consecutive days).

Both of those rail passes physically emailed to you before you travel if you buy it online or bought at a rail station. Point to point tickets can be bought online and usually emailed to you or you can buy them at any rail station as well.

I hope this helps with your trip planning – let us know if you have more questions.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Where and how to buy train tickets for Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.