Train to Jungfraujoch & Schilthorn closed in Oct?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2017 at 4:43:46 #812669

Dear All,

I will be travelling to Switzerland from 16 October to 21 October this year with my family.

We wish to visit Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn in my trip. We also plan to stay in either Murren or Wengen or Grindelwald for about 3 night.

I heard that the train or cable car to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn will be close for maintenance work. May I know when will it be close and which route ? Please advise me where can I find the detail information. Any link to share?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2017 at 9:21:21 #867076

“I heard that the train or cable car to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn will be close for maintenance work. May I know when will it be close and which route ? Please advise me where can I find the detail information. Any link to share?”

Hi LangLM,

Below are the links to the respective pages:

schilthorn.ch/cmsfiles /Fahrplan_2017_3.pdf

http://www.jungfrau.ch/filead min/Prospekte_und_Bros chueren/Jungfraubahnen _Fahrplan.pdf

Sometimes (rarely, though) some trains my be postponed or cancelled due to some maintenance works, on a short notice, but usually the schedules are being followed.

Wish you a safe trip.

Daniel

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2017 at 16:04:21 #867077

Hi LangLM,

Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn have no planned closures to the top. There are 2 closures on Schilthorn between:

• Lauterbrunnen and Murren, via Grutschalp
    • and Murren to Allmendhubel – closed during your visit
      The dates are noted on the PDF kindly upload by TheTutor.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Train to Jungfraujoch & Schilthorn closed in Oct?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.