Train travel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2011 at 12:23:49 #804123

I am going to Geneva for my husband’s conference at Geneva on the 6th and 7th,and planning to go for sight seeing as we do not ski.We thought of taking train form Geneva to Lucerne on the 8th morning and do 12 pm sight seeing tour (Mt Pilatus tour)and one night stay at Lucerne and next day 11 am( Mt tittlis tour) sight seeing and come back and take a 5.55 pm train to Interlaken and one night stay at Interlaken and tour to jungfrajoch and take late night train via Bern to Geneva and reaching Geneva around 11:30 P.m and taking next day flight to US.. For this entire trip AAA is charging 2750 for two adults excluding Geneva hotel accommodation. Where could I get train information for above mentioned trip?which train pass should we choose? Do you think that above mentioned amount is too much? Please give some feed back about above mentioned trip plan.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 February 2011 at 14:42:52 #832186

Hello supriya, and welcome. A Swiss Half Fare Card would be the right choice in your case. It entitles you to a 50% discount on all trips and this is an economical solution for your plans. The total costs for this trip are about CHF 330.00 (about USD 340.00) per person, in 2nd class. I don’t know what exactly AAA offers and if extras are included.

You can plan this trip yourself by using the Swiss timetable. Prices (both the regular full fares and the 50% discounted fares which apply if you have a Swiss Half Fare Card) can be found here as well. More information on how to obtain prices from the timetable can be found in our rail FAQ.

I hope this answers some questions!

• The thread ‘Train travel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.