Train travel in Switzerland

• Bmmorse12
    Participant
    6 posts
    1 May 2016 at 20:51:00 #809068

We will be traveling to Switzerland in Sept.2016.. My question is about the Swiss travel cards. Is the 3 5 8 day pass for consecutive days meaning Sept. 3 one stop Sept. 4th another stop and so on??? Our itinerary is as follows-September 6th we will be traveling from Venice Italy to Zermatt.. What train stations do we use? Than on the 8th of Sept. We will be going onto Wengen from Zermatt..Also which train stations do we use? And than on the 9th to Schmerikon until the 12th for a family reunion. Leaving on the 12th to go to Paris. Also which train from Schmerikon to Paris to take? I have checked the various cards and was thinking about the 1/2 fare card. Would this be my best option?

Thank you for any help with this question!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 May 2016 at 6:59:32 #851457

Hi Bmmorse12, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass for all details (how to use it, where to buy, what’s included). There is no 5-day version by the way.

The train stations are simply called like the towns: Zermatt and Wengen. All schedules are in the timetable.

What’s your best option depends on all of your day trips, including cable cars, boat trips, etc. Once you have list all your plans, you can find the cheapest option as explained here.

• The thread ‘Train travel in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.