Trains from Basel to Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen

Trains from Basel to Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
STLtraveler
STLtraveler
7 posts
Aug 13, 2013 - 2:44 PM
I have reservations for a late September train trip from Paris to Basel, arriving in Basel before noon. I plan to continue on to Lauterbrunnen (via Interlaken) immediately after arrival in Basel. Is is advisable to reserve tickets for that portion of the trip, or can they easily be purchased upon arrival? I want to get the earliest departure possible for Lauterbrunnen to arrive in the late afternoon.

I also purchased tickets from Lauterbrunnen to Milan for the final portion of our trip, and the tickets have to be picked up at a station in Switzerland. Should I obtain them in Basel, or wait until Lauterbrunnen?

Thank you.
kim11
kim11
322 posts
top member
Aug 14, 2013 - 11:21 AM
>Is is advisable to reserve tickets for that portion of the trip, or can they easily be purchased upon arrival?<

Very easy to purchase upon arrival in Basel. Ticket price is the same whether on line or in person day of travel. And it is not possible to make a seat reservation on that journey.

You can see all schedules at www.sbb.ch.

>Should I obtain them in Basel, or wait until Lauterbrunnen?<

Either, but if you are at the ticket counter in Basel buying your tickets to Lauterbrunnen you might as well pick up your Milan tickets there.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016