Trains tickets bought online can it be refunded?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2013 at 23:23:23 #806087

Good Day. Can you please advise are Swiss Trains tickets booked online refundable if unused?

Or if we miss the train timing or change in travelling plan?

For your kind advise ,please

Thank you
    Dolphinsiah Singapore.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    4 July 2013 at 15:00:18 #838999

Hello Dolphinsiah,

I assume you got your tickets from your local reseller in Singapore. In that case you’ll usually get a 85% refund for unused tickets. You can find the details here.

Please note that if you have tickets without a seat reservation, you can use them in any train on the day printed on the ticket.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2013 at 23:29:36 #839000

Good Day Arno,
    Thank you for your reply.

Sorry my question on the train tickets was not specific.

Assume before I depart for Switzerland , I bought individual train tickets from the SBB website , but when I arrived in Switzerland
    I could not travel on schedule with the train tickets bought in advance.

Can it be refunded? Thank you.

Arno
    15482 posts
    5 July 2013 at 1:50:16 #839001

Hi Dolphinsiah,

Tickets purchased online through the SBB are not refundable, unless certain exceptions apply. You can best check the details on the SBB website. I would recommend to look into your local reseller first. They also sell passes (if required) and other products you may need, they have a local helpdesk for questions during or after your trip (e.g. in case of unused tickets) and accept SGD for payments.

Please note that there is no need to buy point to point tickets that do not require a seat reservation in advance. So if you’re not sure if you’ll make a particular rip on a particular day, then just wait until you’re in Switzerland.

• The thread ‘Trains tickets bought online can it be refunded?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.