Transfer ticket – any 2 days or has to be my last?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2017 at 22:20:57 #812856

Hi, my 2 longest rail journeys are my first day – Zurich airport to Grindelwald and then day 8 Grindelwald to Baden to visit a relative then day 10 just a short hop from Baden to Zurich Airport.

So Grindelwald to Baden is not my last day in Switzerland. Can I still buy the transfer ticket to cove the 2 long journeys?

I was thinking of the Transfer ticket and then Jungfrau Pass to cover the buses and cable cars when we are in Grindelwald for a week. Total stay in Switzerland is 10 days.

Thanks for your help…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    5 August 2017 at 6:13:37 #867926

Welcome to MySwissAlps ArchieJasper!

You’ll find the exact requirements on myswissalps.com/swisst ransferticket/howtouse. Basically you don’t have to use the Swiss Transfer Ticket on your last day, but you do need to travel to the border or an airport. And you need to use the shortest or quickest route to do so. Baden is not on such a route from Grindelwald.

The Swiss Half Fare Card might be worth your consideration. It would get you 50% off of the tickets to and from Grindelwald, and also Baden to the airport would be discounted. Plus, it gets you a 25% discount on the Jungfrau Travel Pass. And finally you would also save on trips not included in the Jungfrau Travel Pass, e.g. to the Schilthorn.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 7:41:45 #867927

Thanks For the help.

• The thread ‘Transfer ticket – any 2 days or has to be my last?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.