Transfer ticket valid from Zurich HB to Zermatt?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2014 at 13:13:24 #806268

Hi,

With the Swiss Transfer Ticket can I use it to go from Zurich HB to Zermatt and then return 7 days later Zermatt to Zurich Airport?

Info I keep finding says valid from airport or border station, is HB classed as a border station?

Assuming I can do the above can the transfer ticket be bought and printed online, rather than posted to me?

If not is it posted from Switzerland or if I buy via RailEurope in Australia will it be sent from somewhere in Australia? Reason being I depart Aus in 10days and am concerned about overseas postal time for the tickets to get here.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    25 March 2014 at 13:38:55 #839628

Hi Steve, welcome to MySwissAlps,

You can use the Swiss Transfer Ticket for the trip you have planned. The Swiss Transfer Ticket page lists all resellers, including prices, their shipping options, etc. There’s a promotions overview as well. In your case, you can best visit the Rail Europe Australia website as they deliver in 5 business days.

Have a great stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2014 at 13:58:44 #839629

Hi Arno,

Many thanks for replying to me so quickly, it’s much appreciated.

Have a great day,

Steve

• The thread ‘Transfer ticket valid from Zurich HB to Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.