Transport from Bad Zurzach to a German town?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2016 at 8:12:34 #809238

I booked a small hotel in Germany that is just across the Rhine from Bad Zurzach. We do plan on purchasing a Swiss Travel Pass since we’ll be in other parts of Switzerland as well. Is it possible to cross the border at Bad Zurzach and pay local transport in Germany to get to the hotel? Does the Swiss Travel Pass end at Bad Zurzach?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 May 2016 at 8:49:01 #852223

Welcome to MySwissAlps EvieG!

I don’t know the options for Germany but I would be surprised if you can’t just buy a ticket on the spot, if there’s a bus. The hotel might know that. If the hotel is actually just across the Rhine you can also walk across the bridge from the rail station of Bad Zurzach. That should not take more than 15 minutes or so.

The Swiss Travel Pass includes trains from Bad Zurzach. You can print the pass at home. Please see here for all options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2016 at 8:51:47 #852224

Thank you for such a quick response! It is helpful. From what I am understanding passing from Switzerland into Germany should be no issue.

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 May 2016 at 8:56:21 #852225

You’re welcome! Passing the border is no problem as long as you have your passport and visa (if required) in case there are checks. You need to travel with your passport anyway as the Swiss Travel Pass requires that.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2016 at 9:00:59 #852226
    1. Another clarification needed please. The GoldenPass Train does not require additional fees to ride on it?
    2. We are arriving Zurich early AM on the 5th of June, traveling to our accommodations in Saas-Grund for two nights and then traveling back up to Zurich area on 7th (staying in the German town I hope) and going to the airport on the 8th to catch a mid-day flight. Do you have a recommended route to suggest including 1-2 panoramic trains? We also want to get in a boat ride along the way too. We also thought it would be cool to get into Italy a bit as well. Any information you provide will be so helpful.

Thanks,

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 May 2016 at 17:17:18 #852227

Hi Evie,

1. Please see myswissalps.com/ goldenpass/tickets.
    2. Do you mean to have a detour via scenic trains on both your incoming day to Saas-Fee and also the outgoing day? And have one day in Saas-Fee in the middle? You’ll find scenic trips here.
    Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 May 2016 at 23:37:25 #852228

Hi Evie-

The “Golden Pass” is a route. There are several trains which run along the route and connect with each other.

Off hand, without working the timetable, I suspect you are pushing the limits of comfort and enjoyment if you do all that you suggest..

Look here and spend some time planning journeys:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

and,

map.search.ch/

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2016 at 17:03:38 #852229

Hi, Thanks so much for the replies. I will click on the links and do some research and planning.

• The thread ‘Transport from Bad Zurzach to a German town?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.