Travel Advise needed

Travel Advise needed

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
chiragv83
chiragv83
2 posts
May 15, 2015 - 2:29 PM

Hi All,

I am sure this might have been asked, but I have a query on what rail pass to buy for my trip as below. (Basically, which will be the most economical option considering the below journeys?)

I have a car and we (2 adults) would need to take the train/cable car only on the below sections

Day 2 - Mt Titlis top (staying at Lucerne the prev night), so will be good to know about car park as well at the foot of titlis as well and whether I need to reserve it online in advance

Day 4 - Jungrfau top -- staying somewhere in between Interlaken & Lauterbrunnen on prev night, so would be good to know where to take the rail/cable car from and where to park the car (basically, which wil be the most economical option)

day 5 - flying back from Geneva in the evening, and we want to take the golden pass line from interlaken
till montreux probably? (or whichever is the best section) and regular train onwards to geneva? wud like to take the 1st class/VIP & reserve if needed

Considering, the below 3 journeys, which rail pass would be the most economical?

appreciate the help

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
May 16, 2015 - 10:10 AM

Never mind chiragv83, you're most welcome to ask for yourself! Picking the right pass can be difficult indeed.

In your case, a Swiss Half Fare Card is definitely the best solution. It allows a 50% discount on the trips you intend to make by public transportation, including mountain.

You don't need reservations in advance. When visiting Titlis, you can park your car at the valley station in Engelberg. Please visit the Jungfraujoch page for information on parking in Interlaken, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen. Information on Golden Pass seats is listed here.

I hope this helps you decide!

Last modified on May 16, 2015 - 10:11 AM by Annika
chiragv83
chiragv83
2 posts
May 16, 2015 - 11:00 AM in reply to Annika
Tks a lot annika, much appreciated

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016