Travel days for a Swiss Travel Pass Flex

Travel days for a Swiss Travel Pass Flex

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
KushalDave
KushalDave
10 posts
Mar 17, 2016 - 11:16 AM

I am planning to buy the swiss travel pass flex. (4 travel days in one month).

What is the definition of a travel day?

What if I only travel to the Zermatt/Junfrau on the day (which is 50% discounted with travel pass) does this count as a travel day? With EUrail pass it counts only if you are taking trains/Ferrry. A discounted fare does not count as a travel day. Any help on this is appreciated.

Annika
Annika
4418 posts
expert &
Mar 17, 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hi KushalDave,

This page answers your questions: www.myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpassflex/ howtouse. If any questions remain, please feel free to post back here.

Last modified on Mar 17, 2016 - 11:36 AM by Annika
KushalDave
KushalDave
10 posts
Mar 17, 2016 - 11:47 AM in reply to Annika

Hi Annika,

Thanks for the prompt reply, but I cant seem to find answer to my question on the page.

I will try to rephrase my question: If I ONLY travel from Zermatt to Matterhorn and come back and do nothing else on this day, would that be counted as one of the travel day, as I will be paying for all the tickets (though discounted ones)?

Apologies if the page you pointed out gives the annswer t this, but I couldnt find it.

Annika
Annika
4418 posts
expert &
Mar 17, 2016 - 12:23 PM

Hi KushalDave,

No problem! You're probably confused because you assume that using transportation results in the usage of a travel day. That's not how it works. You decide which days are travel days, and then it's up to you what you do on such a day: whether you travel for just 10 minutes on a cable car or do a long train ride, it's entirely up to you. Please see the headings "Swiss Travel Pass Flex free travel days" and "Traveling on non-free travel days" on the page I referred to. Perhaps the Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi is a better choice for you.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016