Travel from Geneva Airport to Lauterbrunnen

• Trish1983
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 January 2017 at 18:50:18 #810569

Hello everybody! I was curious about the travel from Geneva Airport to Lauterbrunnen. I am planning a trip in May and want to know if it would efficient to take a train to get to Lauterbrunnen and how long would the train ride be? I would also like to know what the weather is like in May. Thank you for you time

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    14 January 2017 at 10:31:10 #858036

Hi Trish1983, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Yes, a train ride is certainly convenient. The timetable helps you plan your trip. Just enter Geneva Airport as your departure station, Lauterbrunnen as your destination, and you’ll get to see all connections and travel durations.

Depending on your further plans, a rail pass may help you save money.

This recent topic about weather in May will (more or less ;-)) answer your question about weather circumstances.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    14 January 2017 at 23:42:09 #858037

Hi Trish –

When in May? That is quite important.

Also, why do you want to go to Lauterbrunnen? That is, what do you hope to do in the area? The weather can still be the tail end of Winter in the Alps above Lauterbrunnenin early May, while there, on the valley floor, the snow would disappear more quickly.

What activities do you plan?

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Travel from Geneva Airport to Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.