Travel from Geneva Airport to Lauterbrunnen

Travel from Geneva Airport to Lauterbrunnen

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Trish1983
Trish1983
1 post
Jan 13, 2017 - 6:50 PM

Hello everybody! I was curious about the travel from Geneva Airport to Lauterbrunnen. I am planning a trip in May and want to know if it would efficient to take a train to get to Lauterbrunnen and how long would the train ride be? I would also like to know what the weather is like in May. Thank you for you time

Annika
Annika
4859 posts
expert &
Jan 14, 2017 - 10:31 AM

Hi Trish1983, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Yes, a train ride is certainly convenient. The timetable helps you plan your trip. Just enter Geneva Airport as your departure station, Lauterbrunnen as your destination, and you'll get to see all connections and travel durations.

Depending on your further plans, a rail pass may help you save money.

This recent topic about weather in May will (more or less ;-)) answer your question about weather circumstances.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3492 posts
expert
Jan 14, 2017 - 11:42 PM in reply to Trish1983

Hi Trish -

When in May? That is quite important.

Also, why do you want to go to Lauterbrunnen? That is, what do you hope to do in the area? The weather can still be the tail end of Winter in the Alps above Lauterbrunnenin early May, while there, on the valley floor, the snow would disappear more quickly.

What activities do you plan?

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017