Travel from Interlaken to Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2016 at 9:38:29 #809898

Hi,

Thanks for the informative site. It has been very useful in planning our trip. We are a family of 4 ( two adults, one 20 years old and one 11 year old). We have already booked our 8 days swisspass for travel with in Switzerland. My pass expires on August 24. I will leave for Paris from Interlaken on August 25. I am trying to find a cost effective way for this travel on August 25. When I price this ticket on raileurope, it seems to cost about USD 680. Would appreciate any suggestions on cost effective way to travel from Interlaken to Paris.

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2016 at 11:40:11 #855176

Hi

Allow me to share my experience as a fellow traveller.

There are some tips about train travelling which you can refer to at http://WWW.seat61.com

about train travelling, most important is book as early as allowed to get cheaper rate.

i hv bought ticket for 2 adults and 1 child from same origin to paris which cost me only €58 for all of us. I bought on 5/6/2016 for travelling on 12/9/2016.

web page seat61 will help u a lot.

Rgds

razali

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 August 2016 at 12:34:55 #855177

Welcome to MySwissAlps lalitbansal!

You can find tips about tickets from Switzerland to Paris here: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/france. Several websites selling tickets are listed on the Price tab of that page. The best fares are not available anymore because the travel date is pretty close. What could work is booking only the leg Basel to Paris through one of those sites. Then try to get a Super saver ticket for the Interlaken to Basel leg. If you can’t get the Super saver fares you can buy regular tickets even on the day of travel (CHF 60 for the adults, CHF 30 for the child).

If price is more important than traveling time you can have a look at http://www.flixbus.com for the Basel to Paris leg. Bus trips start at about € 100 for all 4 passengers.

• The thread ‘Travel from Interlaken to Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.