Travel from Lausanne to Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2015 at 10:10:35 #807918

Dear Admin,First of all thanks for keeping this forum up to date and active. I am finding this forum very helpful in planning my trip. I will be leaving for Lausanne from Paris on 29-Sep-2015 and will stay in Switzerland till 03-october-2015 evening. I have few questions.

1) As this is my first travel in Switzerland so Should I choose a specific region and explore nearby scenic locations or its better to choose some specific points from each region from Lausanne to Zurich ? Which is beneficial financially.

2) Is it good decision to start our travel from Laussane ?

3) If we (2 adults) decide to travel from Lausanne to Interlaken, and then Interlaken to lucerne and zurich from 29-sep to 03-oct, what is economical way of travelling.

4) Any upcoming sale on passes in start of October ? (keeping in view previous seasons)

5) What sightseeing we shouldn’t miss while traveling from Lausanne to Zurich.

Thanks in Advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    10 September 2015 at 14:23:05 #846068

Welcome to MySwissAlps, thanxallah. Glad to hear our website has been helpful.

Let’s look into your questions. I’d pick two regions at the most. Your stay only lasts 6 days, and if you want to explore more than that, you’d keep spending time on packing and unpacking, and checking in and out of hotels. Lausanne generally isn’t the very best place for tourists. If you’re coming from Paris, it makes more sense to start in Geneva or Montreux. You could then take the Golden Pass route to Interlaken, spend a couple of nights there, move on to Lucerne for a few nights there, and end in Zurich, just like you suggested under question 3. You can follow the links I inserted to explore the towns and nearby activities, and to find out what appeals to you.

As for rail passes: which pass is best depends on your final itinerary. Here are some options:

• a Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi, using free travel days for your longer transfers and days with discounts for shorter local trips;
    • a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass. This would be an option if you spend your first and last day(s) in and near a town, making some urban trips only. The 4 days in between could be used for the longer transfers;
    • a Swiss Half Fare Card. This requires you to buy discounted tickets for each trip.

One you’ve finalized your travel scheme, you can calculate the options as explained here. There are no upcoming promotions know of, but as soon as one comes available, it will be mentioned in the forum, in our Promotions section and on the Discounts tabs of all pass pages.

• The thread ‘Travel from Lausanne to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.