Best way from Lauterbrunnen to Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2017 at 8:39:52 #812431

Staying in Lauterbrunnen, and would like to visit Grindelwald and go to first to walk to Bachalpsee. WHat is the best way to get to Grindelwald? And does anyone know how much the return fare is on the cable car to first? I have a 1/2 fare card. IS the walk to Bachalpsee classed as easy/moderate/difficult? We are reasonably fit 70’s. THank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 June 2017 at 9:08:16 #865877

Welcome to MySwissAlps Obstech!

The cheapest way to Grindelwald is via Zweilütschinen (CHF 9 for a return ticket with the Swiss Half Fare Card). The most scenic way is either via Männlichen (don’t know exact price) or Kleine Scheidegg (CHF 61.80). A First return ticket costs CHF 30 with the Swiss Half Fare Card discount.

Schedules and prices can be found through the timetable, and lots of regional prices can be found through the price list linked here on the Jungfraujoch page too.

Details about the hike are here: myswissalps.com/hiking /bachsee.

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    27 June 2017 at 21:57:23 #865878

Hi Obstech,

I would classify the walk from First to Bachalpsee as easy. The path is wide and very well maintained, with a moderate incline that shouldn’t be a problem for anyone who is used to walking for exercise. From memory, it’s just over 2.5 kms to the lake – a 5 Km round trip. If you want to get a better idea, Google Street View follows the whole walk and you can really see what the the path looks like. Just keep clicking on the path and the camera moves along. The link is below.

http://www.google.com.au/maps /@46.6684481,8.0246488 ,3a,75y,78.74h,88.05t/ data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sEv EzgZ9H2bxZxXPogbG5WQ!2 e0!7i13312!8i6656

Cheers

Alan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2017 at 2:33:12 #865879

THanks for your help. I will have a look at the link you provided. We do have good boots and Pacerpoles so we should be OK.

• The thread ‘Best way from Lauterbrunnen to Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.