Direct train/bus Zurich-Gruyeres & Gruyeres-Basel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2016 at 11:42:55 #808781

Dear Annika,

I need to travel from Zurich Airport to Gruyeres with wife and 2 kids upon arrival form Delhi via morning flight at 0630 hrs. I checked and the train has 2 changes (with 9 mins and 10 mins change at Frieberg and Bulle, respectively).

Then onwards from Gruyere to Basel after 2 days the train has 3 changes with similar change times at Bulle, Frieberg and Bern.

Alternative trains with 2 changes are also there.

I would like to have direct transportation both ways as I will be with kids and luggage. Please suggest direct trains, if any or travel by Bus. Will the swiss travel pass be valid on buses ?

Thanks

Sumeet

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    2 April 2016 at 13:45:57 #850174

Hi Sumeet,

There are no direct connections by either train or bus, so you’ll have to do with the options displayed by the timetable. If you’re worried about carrying luggage, you can see whether one of the SBB’s luggage services suits your needs. They’re explained here.

• The thread ‘Direct train/bus Zurich-Gruyeres & Gruyeres-Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.