Direct train/bus Zurich-Gruyeres & Gruyeres-Basel

Direct train/bus Zurich-Gruyeres & Gruyeres-Basel

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
sumeet
sumeet
26 posts
Apr 1, 2016 - 11:42 AM

Dear Annika,

I need to travel from Zurich Airport to Gruyeres with wife and 2 kids upon arrival form Delhi via morning flight at 0630 hrs. I checked and the train has 2 changes (with 9 mins and 10 mins change at Frieberg and Bulle, respectively).

Then onwards from Gruyere to Basel after 2 days the train has 3 changes with similar change times at Bulle, Frieberg and Bern.

Alternative trains with 2 changes are also there.

I would like to have direct transportation both ways as I will be with kids and luggage. Please suggest direct trains, if any or travel by Bus. Will the swiss travel pass be valid on buses ?

Thanks

Sumeet

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Apr 2, 2016 - 1:45 PM in reply to sumeet

Hi Sumeet,

There are no direct connections by either train or bus, so you'll have to do with the options displayed by the timetable. If you're worried about carrying luggage, you can see whether one of the SBB's luggage services suits your needs. They're explained here.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016