Travel to Switzerland in November 2015

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2015 at 0:53:37 #807354

Hi,

I will be traveling with my husband to Switzerland in this November for 5 days and base would be Zurich.

Places I am interest to visit are: (1) Zurich (2) Bern (3)Lucerne (4) Mt Titlis (5) Rhinefall (6) Zermatt (7) Jungfraujoch

I can’t decide which Swiss pass is suitable for me. I would like to seek expert advise so I can have a pleasant trip while I am in Switzerland.

Thank you

Regards,

Fionn

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 June 2015 at 6:49:10 #843657

Hi Fionn, welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you can limit your traveling on day 1 or day 5, a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass would be worth your consideration: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

Did you already book your accommodation in Zurich? I think you can find a better base for your plans. Zurich is not in the mountains. You’d probably enjoy Lucerne more. It’s close to the mountains, on a lake, and has a lot of day trips options both indoors and outdoors. Both towns are far away from Zermatt and the Jungfraujoch though. These will be pretty long day trips.

Please note that Mount Titlis is closed for maintenance from November 2 to 13.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2015 at 6:31:55 #843658

Hi Annika,

Thanks for replying.

I will purchase the 4 days Swiss card.

And how about Jungfraujoch and Mt Titlis ? I noticed there is 25% discount off for the ticket. Should I purchase the ticket in advance? i will going to jungfraujoch on 15 November 2015(is a Sunday) and Mt Titlis on 16 November 2015.

I hope the weather allow me travel to Jungfraujoch and Mt Titlis. 🙂

For hotel I decided to stay in Lucerne And yes, I will love it more because of the mountain and Lake. :). I will be staying 1 night in Zurich. It is because we need travel to Salzburg-Austria on the following day.

Thank you.

Regards,

Fionn

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 June 2015 at 8:34:34 #843659

Hi Fionn,

You mean the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass, right? All details about the discounts can be found on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity.

Enjoy your trips!

• The thread ‘Travel to Switzerland in November 2015’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.