Travel itinerary for 4 days in Lucrene

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2016 at 11:23:44 #808858

Hi,

Thanks for reverting on my previous post.

I am travelling to Switzerland from 5th June to 9th June. I will be reaching zurich on 5th June at morning 8 am. I have booked my accommodation in lucrene for all 4 days. The check in is at 3 pm. I will also be buying Swiss travel pass for 4 days.

I have following queries for my Travel plan:

1. 5th June :Once i reach Zurich at 8 am, I would have lot of luggage with me. So I have following options:

a. I should keep my luggage somewhere at Zurich station and go to Rhine Falls. ( In this I want to know can I keep my luggage at Zurich station and if yes, what would be the cost of the same). In the second hald, go to Lucrene and visit local places there.

b. Go to Lucrene and keep my luggage at the Hotel. Then see the places around. Please also suggest which places should be visited in 1 day at Lucrene.

2. 6th June: Planning to go to Mount titlis. Please tell me at what time shall I start my journey? Also can I go to some other place on the same day in evening?

3. 7th June: No Plans fixed. I was planning to go to interlaken. But please suggest on where I should go and which all places I should visit? If I go to Interlaken then which all places I should visit.

4. 8th June: Planning to go Mount Rigi. In this I am planning to go via Boat route. Please suggest me the possible route that I should take. Also while coming back in evening can we cover something else?

5. 9th June: Go to Zurich airport in morning.

Please revert to above queries and also suggest If I should make any changes to above travel plan. I would love to travel and see more places.

Thanks in advance for guiding me.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    10 April 2016 at 7:12:57 #850545

Hi Shahjit,

Good to hear you’re making progress in your planning. I think your itinerary is fine. It’s doable and not too rushed, so I wouldn’t include a whole lot more if I were you. Here are some answers:

• June 5: yes, you can store your luggage at the Zurich railway station, either in lockers or at the manned luggage department. Please check the SBB website for details;
    • June 5: the town name is Lucerne, not Lucrene ;-). Please visit our Lucerne page for sightseeing tips;
    • June 6: the “Route” tab on our Titlis page, combined with the timetable, will help you plan this journey. If you leave quite early, you will be able to include another short trip in the (late) afternoon;
    • June 7: there’s a whole lot to see and do in the Interlaken region and most cable cars and mountain trains will be available in June. Pleae check our Jungfrau region page and pick whatever appeals to you;
    • June 8: please consult our Rigi page, our Lake Lucerne boats page and the timetable.

A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass for June 5-8 indeed makes sense. If you’d travel back to Zurich on the evening of June 8, you won’t have to buy an additional full-fare ticket Lucerne-Zurich Airport anymore. There are quite some hotels offering free transfers to the airport. Please find a list here. Purchase options for the Swiss Travel Pass are here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2016 at 5:59:43 #850546

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your revert. I have following queries:

1. Does swiss travel pass include free luggage storage at Zurich station? If not, then what would the cost of the same?

2. June 6: We are planning to leave early. Can you suggest something for a short trip in evening? Can we cover something on our way back from Titlis to Lucerne?

3. June 7: Do you suggest to go for top of Mountain at Jungfrau after titlis on next day? Do you suggest going for ” Schilthorn” ? Or just look at the town in Interlaken?

4. June 8: Do you suggest having a ” Classic round trip” or ” Majestic round trip” ? Do you think we can cover something else on June 8 in late evening?

Appreciate your effort to make our travel easier.

Annika
    7115 posts
    11 April 2016 at 15:01:08 #850547

Hi Shahjit,

1. No, the Swiss Travel Pass doesn’t cover this. Please refer to the SBB page I mentioned for fares, or contact the SBB if you need details.

2. You could include a boat ride if you return quite early, or just enjoy Lucerne’s pretty town centre. Please see the Lucerne page I linked to for local sightseeing tips.

3. Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn are pretty different, and it’s hard to advise which one is “best” as opinions on this differ. You’d best study both pages and decide for yourself what you think is most interesting. Interlaken itself isn’t that scenic. The page on activities in the Jungfrau region in my previous post lists some more alternatives.

4. Both would be fine. The Majestic Round Trip is a bit more varied as it also included the train route Arth Goldau-Lucerne on the way back. Please see the Rigi website for details. If you don’t spend too much time up there you will be able to include another trip, e.g. to Pilatus. This is quite a lot for one day though and only recommended if skies are clear.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2016 at 7:33:54 #850548

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your revert. I have one more query: one of friend suggested that I should go to ” aare gorge ” while returning from Mount titlis or on the way back from Interlaken.

What is your suggestion? Can I cover ” aare gorge ” on any day? When should i go there? How do I reach there? and what is the time for reaching the same?

Please help.

Arno
    15479 posts
    14 April 2016 at 5:29:02 #850549

Hello Shahjit,

The train stop called ‘Aareschlucht West’ is near the gorge, so you can check the timetable for how to get there. You can walk across the gorge and take the train back from the train stop at the other end of the gorge. There are construction works in early Summer so you may find a connection by bus only, depending on when you travel. All of this is along the Lucerne to Interlaken railway.

• The thread ‘Travel itinerary for 4 days in Lucrene’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.