travel Milan to Zurich, 3 nights stay in swit..

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2014 at 22:44:27 #806287

Hey,

I will be visitng from Italy (Milan) to Zurich with my wife at may 28, 2014.
    My switzerland trip would be of 3 nights stay as follows:

Day 1: Arrival from milan (Italy) to Zurich at 18:00 hrs, night stay at zurich
    Day 2: Visit to Rhine Falls and city tour in zurich, Travel to lucerne and night stay in lucerne
    Day 3: travel from lucerne to engelberg to Mt.Titlis, travel to geneva and night stay at geneva
    Day 4: city tour at Geneva and travel to france (toulon)

Please suggest how should we plan our journey?
    1- via swiss pass
    2- or should we visit by point to point tickets
    3- where should we stay in switzerland? zurich or lucerne? we have to stay 3 nights

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 April 2014 at 5:26:48 #839689

Hi Shaikh,

Buying some sort of rail pass would be cheaper and more convenient then buying point to point tickets for all your trips. You could use a 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for day 1 to 3. It includes free traveling from the border (Chiasso) to Zurich and also all other trains are free. Mount Titlis is reduced by 50% with the pass. On day 4 you get free traveling within Geneva if you book an hotel there. If you rather have 4 days of unlimited traveling, a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass suits your needs. Click the links for all pass details.

I would recommend Lucerne over Zurich for day 1 and 2, since you have limited time. Lucerne is closer to the mountains and it saves you moving hotels one time.

Have a great stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2014 at 21:29:01 #839690

Thanks Annika for the information u provided.

Can you please tell me what is the actual difference between a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass and Swiss Saver Pass?

if buying a pass is suitable then what other advantages can we get using these passes? advantages like visiting some other places, mountains, museums, trains etc within these 3 days?

Also, the major attractions i would like to visit include:

1. Rheinfalls, for which I will be staying in Zurich at night.

2. Mount Titlis (how should i reach mount titlis from lucerne? the trains and tickets ?

3. Lake Geneva

To visit all above places, is it realy worth to buy a swiss pass or swiss flexi pass ?

Arno
    15481 posts
    2 April 2014 at 6:05:29 #839691

Hi Shaikh,

If you click the pass links that Annika gave you, you will see exactly how the passes work, what’s included, etc. A pass is most probably cheaper than buying separate tickets. But it depends on your final itinerary. Follow these instructions to know for sure.

• The thread ‘travel Milan to Zurich, 3 nights stay in swit..’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.