Travel pass for 5 or 6 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2016 at 10:51:20 #810225

Hi,

We are group of 4 adult and 3 kids will be staying Switzerland for 6 days and 5 nights

First day (Day1) we are only travelling from Basel Airport to Luzrne and on last day (Day 6) from Montreux to Basel via Bern

Which travel pass will be best option for us?

I was thinking about 4 days Swiss Travel Pass (Day2 to Day5) and may be some one-day pass, however as I understand for most one day pass we need to have half fare card, is this understanding right?

Do we have any other one day group pass which we can utilized on our last day (Day6) ? Thanks

Regards,

Piyush Laddha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 October 2016 at 18:37:40 #856543

Hi Piyush,

I would simply buy an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass. The tickets for day 1 and day 6 cost nearly the same as the price difference of a 4-day and 8-day pass. Getting the pass is only CHF 8 more expensive, but that also gets you free other trips and museum entrance on those days, which can be very useful in Luzern and Bern. You can print the pass at home: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Hotels in Montreux provide a free Montreux Riviera Card to their guests which includes free local traveling. But it won’t help for the trip to Bern and Basel, so it doesn’t make a big difference.

There are indeed no one day passes, except for Swiss Half Fare Card holders.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2016 at 19:25:07 #856544

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your expert comments and endorsement 🙂 , I did some research during the day and came to same conclusion.

Let me place order for my 8 day pass 🙂

Regards,

Piyush Laddha

• The thread ‘Travel pass for 5 or 6 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.