Travel Passes for Jungrau Region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2014 at 7:47:04 #806474

My wife and I are planning on travelling to Lauterbrunnen from Germany in late September. We will be staying for three nights before departing for France. During our stay, we are hoping to see Jungfraujoch as well as do some general hiking and exploring of the Jungfrau region, with possible a few train/cable car rides in along the way. Can anyone recommend the best way to purchase tickets/passes? We will be travelling to and from Lauterbrunnen by train. We would like the flexibility to travel within the Jungfrau region by train/cable car during our stay, as well as take the train to Jungfraujoch, at minimal cost (not easy).

We have looked into a few options for rail passes, but all seem very expensive for the 3 nights/5 days travel and only offer a 25% discount for Jungfraujoch, which will not offset the price of the rail pass. Another factor that I am unsure of is the price of rail travel within the Jungfrau region. Jungfraujoch appears to be quite expensive, but I’m not sure about other “standard” routes, e.g. Lauterbrunnen to Grindelwald.

• The thread ‘Travel Passes for Jungrau Region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.