Travel to Jungfrau with Jungfrau Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2016 at 8:43:58 #809886

Hi,

I’m planning to travel to Grindelwald in early October.

I would like to stay in Grindelwald, arrive it by a train from Zurich.

I like to do the journey from Grindelwald to top of Europe – Jungfraujoch, also to ride to First mountain. Visit Murren, Interlaken, Bern.

My questions are:

1) Does the Jungfrau Travel Pass of 5-6 days include a ticket to Jungfraujoch? or I should reserve one?? If no, how it costs to buy a ticket from Grindelwald Grund to Jungfraujoch with this pass?

2) Beside The Jungfrau Travel Pass , is it recommended to buy a Swiss Pass or Half-Fare card? given that I’ll stay only in Jungfrau region, and won’t rent a car.

3) Can you please supply me a detailed recommended programs of trips in Jungfrau region?

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2016 at 11:06:19 #855154

Information about Jungfrau Travel Pass, you can find here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass/valid ity

To Jungfraujoch you must pay 50 % from Eigergletscher to Jungfraujoch .

You have with this Pass free travel from Grindelwald or Grindelwald Grund to Kleine Scheidegg to Eigergletscher.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2016 at 11:30:56 #855155

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. So I’ll pay only for the journey from Eigergletscher to Jungfraujoch (how it costs for two ways? I can’t find the information in Jungfraujoch website). And the journey from Grindelwald to Eigergletscher is free by the pass (two ways?).

I don’t know much details about the region, so It is a bit difficult to understand all the information in the website.

Thanks again.

Arno
    15482 posts
    15 August 2016 at 13:14:49 #855156

Hi husoth91, welcome to MySwissAlps!

1) Please see Brahms’s link and download the map for what’s included. Standard ticket prices can be found through the link at the bottom of myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch/tickets.

2) The pass choice depends on your plans (where you come from, day trips, and go to next). If you also go back to Zurich a Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi might be an alternative. This page might be helpful. You don’t need a car there, so you made a good choice to travel the train.

3) You’ll find recommended activities here: myswissalps.com/ jungfrauregion/ activities.

• The thread ‘Travel to Jungfrau with Jungfrau Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.