travel to Mount Rigi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2014 at 5:27:31 #806288

Hi, i plan to pay a visit to Mount Rigi on 17 June, and i would like to take a boat trip from Luzern to Vitznau, and then take the train from Vitznau to Rigi Kulm.

if i use a 2nd-class Swiss Saver Pass (2 adults), can i take a seat on the upper deck for the boat trip…? or is the upper deck is only allowed to 1st-class Swiss Pass holders…? thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    1 April 2014 at 5:38:19 #839692

Hi Curly,

It depends on the boat. Most boats indeed have 1st class upper decks, so you can’t sit there with a 2nd class Swiss Pass. You can buy an upgrade to 1st class though, just for that trip. There are 1-hour circular trips from Lucerne with the Panorama Yacht “Saphir”, which has no separation of classes so you can sit at either deck.

Here’s more about the Mount Rigi excursion.

• The thread ‘travel to Mount Rigi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.