Travel to Switzerland – Which pass to select?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 November 2013 at 3:50:07 #839369

Hi,

Please see this topic for the Rhine Fall. The Black Forest is in Germany, I don’t know that much about it. Your Swiss Pass is not valid there. It would be a very short visit if you want to combine it with the falls.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 November 2013 at 23:28:40 #839370

I have done basic research and found following places which I would like to visit

1. Visit Rhine Falls from Zurich
    2. Proceed towards Titisee-Neustadt/triberg area
    3. stroll around Lake Titisee.
    4. Visit forests of Lenzkirch.
    5. Return back to Zurich

Request your suggestion to set right the schedule and still visit the most scenic part of Black forest and also enjoy the Rhine Falls.

I intend to leave early at around 8 or 8:30 in the morning from Zurich. Kindly also suggest Public transport for the correct travel schedule.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 November 2013 at 4:19:44 #839371

Hi taru1981,

I don’t know, sorry. That’s in Germany and I am not familiar there. My guess would be that it can’t be done easily in one day and without a car, but I hope someone else who reads this can share more details.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    29 November 2013 at 4:39:17 #839372

Hello Taru1981,

The Rhinefalls are a magnificent place to be. It would be a good idea to take your time there.
    Travelling from Schaffhausen to Titisee takes four changes of trains and the duration of this train trip is at least over two hours one way. In my opinion it would be too much to cover your plans in one day!
    In general forum members here can give you information about Switzerland and not so much about surrounding countries.

Enjoy your upcoming stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2013 at 7:09:28 #839373

The current price of 4 days swiss saver pass is 231 CHF, kindly confirm, what the price will be from 1st January onwards.

I will be travelling in April Next year.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 December 2013 at 8:44:17 #839374

Hello taru1981,

Next year it will be CHF 245 per person. If you buy before December 31 you can get your pass for April for the current price. Please see this topic for details and where to buy.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The thread ‘Travel to Switzerland – Which pass to select?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.