Travel to switzerland in May 2015 for 5 days

Travel to switzerland in May 2015 for 5 days

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
vaneeta
vaneeta
1 post
Apr 11, 2015 - 3:31 PM

Hi All,

I will be travelling to Switzerland with my husband and 8 year old son. My itinerary is below. I needed to know if its good enough so I son would enjoy. Also planning to take an 8 day swiss pass or should I go for 4 days and take the point to point ticket for the 5th day since we leave from there to Venice.

May 20th- Arrive to Zurich from Paris- plan half day city tour of Zurich

May 21st - Leave for Lucerne and plan to go to Mt Titlis after dumping our bags. Return and explore Lucerne

May 22nd- Visit Mt Rigi and pls recommend if Im doing Mt Titlus should I go to Rigi and anything else we can do tht day

May 23rd - Lucerne to Interlaken via Brienze(for the boat ride) and then visit Ballergen

I also want to visit the chocolate factory in Broc. Any suggestion how I can manage that as we leave for Venice on 24th May. Thanks

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Apr 12, 2015 - 12:55 PM

Hi Vaneeta,

You need a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass plus a point to point ticket from Interlaken to Venice. As you will travel via Milan I recommend to book that ticket soon, please see here. I would recommend to go straight to your hotel in Lucerne after exploring Zurich. That gives you the option of using the next day more efficient.

Points of sale for tickets are listed on myswissalps.com/train tickets/italy/price. Points of sale for the Swiss Travel Pass are listed on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/price. It makes sense to get both of them from the same website.

Mount Titlis and Rigi are very different, so if the weather is fine on both days it's definitely worth it.

Broc is too far away to fit into your short stay. There's a chocolate demonstration in the museum in Ballenberg, and one in Interlaken as well.

Please see here for hotels:

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016