Travel to switzerland in May 2015 for 5 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2015 at 15:31:21 #807068

Hi All,

I will be travelling to Switzerland with my husband and 8 year old son. My itinerary is below. I needed to know if its good enough so I son would enjoy. Also planning to take an 8 day swiss pass or should I go for 4 days and take the point to point ticket for the 5th day since we leave from there to Venice.

May 20th- Arrive to Zurich from Paris- plan half day city tour of Zurich

May 21st – Leave for Lucerne and plan to go to Mt Titlis after dumping our bags. Return and explore Lucerne

May 22nd- Visit Mt Rigi and pls recommend if Im doing Mt Titlus should I go to Rigi and anything else we can do tht day

May 23rd – Lucerne to Interlaken via Brienze(for the boat ride) and then visit Ballergen

I also want to visit the chocolate factory in Broc. Any suggestion how I can manage that as we leave for Venice on 24th May. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    12 April 2015 at 12:55:19 #842414

Hi Vaneeta,

You need a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass plus a point to point ticket from Interlaken to Venice. As you will travel via Milan I recommend to book that ticket soon, please see here. I would recommend to go straight to your hotel in Lucerne after exploring Zurich. That gives you the option of using the next day more efficient.

Points of sale for tickets are listed on myswissalps.com/train tickets/italy/price. Points of sale for the Swiss Travel Pass are listed on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/price. It makes sense to get both of them from the same website.

Mount Titlis and Rigi are very different, so if the weather is fine on both days it’s definitely worth it.

Broc is too far away to fit into your short stay. There’s a chocolate demonstration in the museum in Ballenberg, and one in Interlaken as well.

Please see here for hotels:

• The thread ‘Travel to switzerland in May 2015 for 5 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.