Travel to swiz for 13 days.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2011 at 1:12:16 #804495

hi , i am travelling with my family to swiss on 25th july.

on 26th we will reach Zurich airport. Well have to travel to basel and we shall stay there for 3 days.
    on 29th we shall travel to bern stay there for 3 days.
    on1st we shall move to interlaken stay there for 3 days. we shall visit Jungfrau and neighbouring places.
    on 4th we shall travel to Engel berg stay there for 4days and finally we move to zurich on 8th,
    please advise me which swiss railway pass should i take?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    20 July 2011 at 7:19:17 #833517

Hi sowmya, and welcome. Which pass is best, depends on what you want to do during your overnight stays in the resorts you mention. If you plan to make longer trips on most days, and like the idea of flexibility and free traveling, a 15 day Swiss Saver Pass is worth considering. If short and local trips are your main goal, a Swiss Half Fare Card might be convenient. But you should try to make a list of your travel plans and do some calculations to be sure. This FAQ can be of help too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2011 at 10:14:44 #833518

hi Annika, My travels are as follows.
    26thJuly: From Zurich airport to Basel.
    27th completely in Basel ,we shall be given a travel card from the Hotel.
    28th: Basel to Europa park and back again.
    29th Basel to bern.
    30th Bern to Zurich and then to Sea life Konstanz and back to Bern.
    31st : only in Bern to Gurten.
    1st: From bern to Interlaken.
    2nd : Interlaken to Jungfrau and to Schinge platteand back to interlaken.
    3rd with in interlaken
    4th interlaken to Engel berg.
    a trip to Mt. Titlis on the same day.
    5th Engelberg to Lucerne and back to engelberg.
    6th and 7th with in and near Engelberg.8th Engelberg to Zurich Airport.
    My Questions are.. I saw the passes, but it is so confusing for me to choose the best? Can you please help me.
    From Konstanz to bern is there any other route other than via Zurich?
    Should i rent a car to Europa park as i am travelling with my kids who are 4 and 6 years old?
    I want to try Whey bath in Engelberg whom should i contact?
    Please reply.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 July 2011 at 11:07:46 #833519

Hi sowmya,

Looking at your itinerary I would personally pick the 15-day Swiss Saver Pass. It’s the most convenient option, you can use it during your entire stay and you’re flexible as you can easily do some extra trips for free if you feel like it. I would recommend to decide on that quickly as an online purchase can be (much) cheaper than buying in Switzerland (depending on your country of residence). But you can best check yourself and see prices and delivery times for your country on this page. And don’t forget these additional discounts!

It’s up to you how you travel to the Europa Park. Both car and public transport are an option as Annika explained here.

Konstanz to Bern via Zurich is the quickest route. Alternatively, you can travel via Romanshorn – Luzern (this is the Voralpen-Express), and take the RegioExpress to Bern from there. It will take much more time, but the scenery is great. Please check the timetable for details.

You can best contact Engelberg Tourism for the bath.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2011 at 4:25:18 #833520

Thanks a lot. I found this web page very recently but its so useful. I really appreciate for quick replies.and you are really making our trip easier thanks.

• The thread ‘Travel to swiz for 13 days.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.