Book double room for 2 adults + 11 year old?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2012 at 20:10:59 #805369

Hi All,
    Is it okay if I only book a double room for 3 of us? I find that not many hotels offer rooms for 3 people. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2012 at 5:12:42 #836433

sorry, I don’t think so. We run a B&B and it’s just not OK to turn up with an extra person. Obviously I see where you’re coming from but from our point of view there’s zero difference between an 11 year old and an adult. The laundry still needs doing, breakfasts still need providing and so on.

You probably need to contact places direct though. We do sell rooms via services like booking.com but we don’t sell child places that way. That’s because we can’t enter proper prices, we’d take a 1 year for free if they bought a cot for example and we don’t really want a family of four for one night because it’s too much work for the money etc etc and you can’t make those rules with booking.com

For any length of time, like a week, it’s worth looking at self catering apartments I think.

I know there’s plenty of places with family rooms in general, but I don’t know where you’re going and when of course so it’s hard to know what the problem finding one is. I also know places have bad websites and it’s not clear what’s available.

• The thread ‘Book double room for 2 adults + 11 year old?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.