Travelers from India RegionalPass Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2016 at 14:28:32 #808838

Hi,

I have decided to purchase Regional OB pass with 4 days validity for myself and my wife. I had the following queries regarding the delivery option:

1. Does the price of the pass fluctuate like train or flight tickets, being costlier as the date of travel approaches

2. If not, then is it best to buy the pass when one reaches Interlaken. Are there any problem (long queues, unavailability etc.) considering which buying from India would make more sense

Regards

Bhushan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 April 2016 at 14:46:02 #850433

Hi Bhushan,

1. No, it does not change over time. Different prices may apply to different retailers though.

2. You can find all purchase options on myswissalps.com/region alpassberneseoberland/ price. There can be long queues at the Interlaken rail stations, but that depends on date, time and coincidence. It may or may not be a problem. You can buy it there, or have it sent to your hotel in Interlaken for a few francs. They can ship it to India as well, but that’s more expensive. Please see http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/ regionalberneseoberlan dpass.

Enjoy your stay in the Bernese Oberland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2016 at 7:28:32 #850434

Hi,

Thank you for your response earlier. I had a few more queries regarding Regional OB pass:

1. Is there any cancellation policy for the pass? If yes then can you please provide a link to the same

2. Is it possible to buy the pass at Basel or Bern station? I would be arriving from Paris and considering that Bern to Lucerne would be free for the Pass, it looks like it would be better to come to Bern station and buy the pass (or pick up an already purchased pass from the station if that’s possible?)

3. Is it possible to get the pass delivered to hotel in Lucerne?

Thanks, look forward to your response

Regards

Bhushan

Annika
    7124 posts
    22 April 2016 at 16:01:41 #850435

Hi Bhushan,

1. In many cases an 85% refund is available. But to make sure you should check with the reseller swissrailways.com/en. If you have your own cancellation insurance, this may provide full refunds too.

2. The Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland probably won’t be available in Basel (as that’s not in the area of validity) and probably will be in Bern. However, it would be easier to get your pass online and have it hand before arriving in Switzerland. That way you don’t have to spend time on it during your trip. Please mind that not all routes Bern-Lucerne are covered. The quickest route via Neubaustrecke/Sursee isn’t included. The alternatives, 1. through the Emmental via Signau/Langnau/Schüpfheim and 2. via Thun/Interlaken/Brienz (quite a detour) are. Please check the validity overview for details.

3. Yes, your pass can be shipped to any address in Switzerland, including your hotel in Lucerne. The leg Bern-Lucerne won’t be covered in that case though.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2016 at 3:09:21 #850436

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your response. I have some further queries to bother you 🙂

I am staying for 1.5 days in Lucerne and plan to cover Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis during that time. From there we move to Wengen and stay there for 4 days. Originally I had planned to get Bernese Regional Oberland pass for 6 days. But now I have read about Tell pass being the best option in Titlis region

1. So it is better to get a 6 day BO pass or a 4 day BO pass with a 2 day Tell pass

Can you please let me know what would be best option for me and spare me the work of going through all individual prices. I am arriving to Lucerne through Basel and would get all the passes shipped to my hotel in Lucerne

2. Can the tell pass also be bought online beforehand and shipped to hotel in Lucerne?

3. In case of shipping the pass to hotels, do the hotels usually charge a fee for holding it for us or just an email/phone requesting to hold the pass will suffice?

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

Bhushan

Annika
    7124 posts
    24 April 2016 at 13:03:08 #850437

Hi Bhushan,

Unfortunately, doing the maths is the only well to tell for sure which pass or pass combination is most economical: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass. Looking at your plans I’d guess the combination of a 2 day Tell Pass and a 4 day Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland makes sense. The Tell Pass too can be shipped to your hotel: http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. I haven’t heard of any hotel charging guests for holding back a package, so you should be fine. Of course you should let them know they’ll be receiving a package for you.

• The thread ‘Travelers from India RegionalPass Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.